Meet the Owners!
Hello! My name is Vandana (Vee) Patel. My husband, Ankur, and I have been married for almost 15 years. We have two wonderful kids, Aman (9) and Zara (6).
Our kids are the inspiration and motivation behind bringing We Rock the Spectrum to the Southwest Florida community. Zara was diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome (AS) in 2016, a rare neuro-genetic disorder which exhibit symptoms such as developmental delays, no speech or minimal speech, seizures, sleep disorders, frequent laughter, excitable personality, and walking/balance disorders. Aman and Zara love playing with each other and we always struggled finding a place outside our home where both can play together. After taking Zara to various therapies over the past 3 years, I had the opportunity to meet parents with kids of all abilities. Zara has progressed tremendously because of early intervention, so it was then I realized the need for a safe and inclusive environment for all kids to play and have fun together, all while understanding the behaviors that come hand–in–hand with developmental challenges.
Working with kids has always been my passion, so it was a sign when I came across the We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym Franchise. After visiting the Boca Raton location, it was love at first sight. I am very grateful that we now have a sensory-based gym in SWFL for all kids of all abilities to play together, to learn from each other and reach their highest potential.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination
Meet Our Staff
Vandana (Vee) Patel
Francheska (Franni) Patel